ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Vakeel Sahab Pro is an online Indian legal Portal founded in the year 2020, envisioned to empower the Lawyer’s creed. Our startup strives to bring innovative legal events and programs for participants who are willing to stand apart from the crowd and realise their potential in uncommon ways. Vakeel Sahab Pro is also registered as a NGO for the society welfare for various fields.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Vakeel Sahab Pro is organising this competition for the law students to show their knowledge and skills in counselling of clients. In the field of law, students must know the technique and plan on how to conduct the interviewing session between client and advocate. This opportunity will give a chance to students to experience and learn something new as a legal counsellor.
The competition is open for students pursuing three-year / five-year integrated law course from the recognized university.
- Each team should consist of a maximum 3 or minimum 2 members. [one client + two counselor or one client + one counselor]
- Students can be from different institutions in a single team.
- Each institute may enter this competition with a maximum of TWO teams.
Online – Google Meet
Note: No approval from the respective institute of the participants is required for participation.
Registration Fee: Rs 299 only (two hundred ninety nine Rupees).
The registration fees can be paid through Paytm, Phonepe, Amazon Pay, Google pay, to given mobile number – 8933948420
- The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstances.
- After the payment all participants are required to upload screenshots of the same on the Google form given below while registering.
- Only 30 teams will be allowed to register in the competition on first-come-first serve basis.
- Once a team registers by completing the formalities given, a Team Code shall be assigned to the team.
The proposition for the 1st National Client Counselling Competition 2022, organized by Vakeel Sahab Pro, is based on Family Laws, Law of Crimes, Property Law and Torts.
All participants shall be in black and white formal wear (Indian or Western) for the duration of the competition. Use of Advocate’s Gowns, Bands and Robes is strictly prohibited.
FORMAT OF THE COMPETITION
- Each team will get one opportunity to represent them in the competition.
- Each team will get a total of 25 minutes. [ONLY FOR PRELIMINARY]
Those 25 minutes are to be divided in two parts as follows:
- First fifteen minutes are termed the “Client Consultation Period”. The participants are expected to extract the relevant information, make legal suggestions for its resolution, decide the fees of this case and satisfied the client.
- Next five minutes are termed as “Post Consultation Period”, the advocates have to talk about their tactics, what they should do for clients and what documents they need from their client, etc. This is where judges will see the mindset, planning and skill of counselling of advocates.
- It is at the discretion of the teams to decide who will speak what and about their roles.
- Next five minutes are for judges so that they can ask questions from the teams. [It depends upon judge’s discretion to question or not]
- Counsel 1 and Counsel 2 will be the name of advocates during the sessions. Disclosing the name of the participating college to the judges will result in disqualification.
- Advocates are required to elicit all relevant information from the client by interviewing or questioning the client and then counsel the client.
- In every round there will be a new problem of proposition.
- The highest scoring team among all the teams will be titled as the Winner.
- During the consultation and post-consultation, the team may use books, notes and other materials.
- Teams who will get maximum marks in every round will qualify for the next round.
- REFER TO THE BROCHURE LINK AT LAST FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS COMPETITION.
There shall be three rounds of this competition and are as follows:
Preliminary Round– The problem is given in the brochure already.
Semi Final Round– Problem preposition will be given before 3 hours of the session to the counsellors
Final Round– New problem preposition will be given 60 minutes before the session.
Each participant shall be marked out with a maximum of 100 marks and every participant shall be judged for his/her performance(s) based on the criteria.
The following are the judging criteria:-
- Establishing the working atmosphere
- Identify of client’s goals, expectations and requirements
- Problems Analysis
- Fees for client
- Legal analysis and advice.
- Briefing with co counselor in post – consultation.
- Team work
1st Prize – 3000 Rs + Certificate of Excellence
2nd Prize – 2000 Rs + Certificate of Excellence
3rd Prize – 500 Rs + Certificate of Excellence
Best Client Role – 500rs + Certificate of Excellence
- Top 10 teams will get a 40 % discount in any one upcoming event of Vakeel Sahab Pro.
- Other top 5 teams will get one free publication on our website.
- All the participants will receive a hard copy of certificate of participation who will participate at least in first round.
- Three Performers of our choice participating in this event would be given a chance to Intern under Lexpeeps Most Prestigious “Legal Research Internship Programme”.
- Discount of 50% on MRP to Top 10 Performers on Lexpeeps Xcell Courses running at the moment or upcoming.
- Discount of 60% on MRP to Best Client and Best Counselor on Lexpeeps Xcell Courses.
Last date to register your team- 27 August 2022
Rounds will be held from – 28 August 2022
Result declaration – 02 September 2022
Dispatch of hard copy of certificates and perks – 10th September 2022
NOTE: THESE DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
WhatsApp and Calling – +91 9792993436
Website – www.vakeelsahabpro.com
Official Link – Click Here
BROCHURE & PREPOSITION – CLICK HERE