ABOUT THE NITI AAYOG
The NITI Aayog serves as the apex public policy think tank of the Government of India, and the nodal agency tasked with catalyzing economic development, and fostering cooperative federalism through the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
About the opportunity
NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India), the Government of India had, initiated an Internship Scheme in 2015. This Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing UG/Graduate/PG Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/Institutions within India or abroad. At least 6 (Six) weeks but not exceeding 6 (Six) months shall be the engagement tenure.
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- UG students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of the 2nd year/4th semester of the bachelor degree course, secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in the 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or persuing research/Ph.D. and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that they have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed 6 (Six) months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning till the month of December.
- The interested applicants may apply online only on the website of NITI Aayog by the 10th of February 2023.
- The application can only be made six months in advance but not later than 2 months before the month in which the internship is desired.
- Applicants must also clearly indicate the area of interest.
- Please Note: A candidate can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
- The selected applicant has to produce original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be canceled. (Format given in the annexure c of the given procedure)
For More details please refer: https://tinyurl.com/y8dsdk8a