ABOUT THE PROJECT
Project 39A is keen to develop a robust and rewarding internship programme that will provide meaningful exposure to the complexities and nuances of the criminal justice system in India.
Towards that aim, we are pleased to introduce our second internship policy, under which we seek to accept interns on a rolling basis from March 2021 to March 2022. Project 39A is a formal part of NLU Delhi and undertakes research and pro bono litigation efforts on issues concerning the criminal justice system in India. This effort is inspired by Article 39-A of the Indian Constitution and uses empirical research as an integral part of re-examining the criminal justice system.
Students of law, humanities, social sciences, management or media.
Full-time: Minimum 4 weeks to a maximum of 12 weeks.
Part-time: Minimum 12 weeks.
Full-time: Rs. 10,000/- for every four week period.
Part-time: Rs. 5,000/- for every four week period.
AREA OF WORK
- administration of the death penalty (litigation and research)
- forensic science with particular focus on DNA forensics
- legal aid in the criminal justice system
- mental health and criminal justice
Applications are due at least two months before the first day of the proposed month of internship. For example, if your proposed date of internship is 15 January, please apply two months prior to 1 January, i.e. before 1 November.
Only successful applicants will be contacted at least 6 weeks before their internship start date. If you do not hear from us, please assume that your application has not been successful. Due to the high volume of applications, communication via phone or email will not be entertained in this regard.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3yum6Ph
- Project 39A reserves the right not to fill internship positions.
- All applicants are required to apply two months prior to the first of the proposed month of internship.
- Interns for a specific month will be finalised and intimated 6 weeks before the commencement of the month. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Project 39A will not bear travel and accommodation expenses incurred by the interns during the period of the internship.
- Project 39A works on behalf of all prisoners sentenced to death, regardless of the offence involved.
- This internship programme is supported by grants received by Project 39A.
- Students based in Delhi interested in a part-time internship while pursuing their undergraduate or postgraduate courses may follow the procedure outlined above, specifying in the relevant dropdown their interest in applying for such a position.
- In light of the Covid-19 pandemic and recognizing the importance of social distancing, Project 39A has adopted a work from home model for its internship programme until further notice.