LegalPay is the only formal player in India focused on third-party litigation funding (TPF). We do a non-recourse investment in commercial legal claims. LegalPay is backed by a passionate team that includes core-team having prior experience of founding a LegalTech startup; marquee investors and international veterans.
We are a tech focused B2B litigation finance company in India. We are a trusted financial partner for advocates and corporate. And our investing is non-recourse; we only get paid if our clients win. While we provide the level playing field, we only support meritorious claims. Litigation funding gives a validation to plaintiff claims and pushes defendants to look for alternatives as our underwriting process is very stringent. We strive to mitigate or minimize legal, economic, reputational, and collection risks for all invested partners by implementing careful underwriting and case-selection processes, as well as rigorous portfolio construction and monitoring.
About the INTERNSHIP
As LegalPay continues to grow, we are looking for talented legal and risk resources to add to our legal and risk underwriting team. The legal and risk underwriting team strives to mitigate or minimize legal, economic, reputational, and collection risks for all invested partners by implementing stringent underwriting and case-selection processes, as well as rigorous portfolio construction and monitoring.
LegalPay values rigorous thinking, clear communication, and efficient execution and is committed to an inclusive workplace culture.
- Legal research and legal diligence on investment opportunities
- Astute understanding of commercial litigation and arbitration in India in areas including Breach of Contract, Payment Disputes, International Arbitration, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Conceptual understanding of Third-Party Litigation Funding
- Understanding how NCLTs work in India
- Analyse legal data to generate insights to drive investment decisions
- Preparation and presentation of legal diligence memos
- Abreast with through understanding of the legal landscape in India
Ideal candidate should
- Have a passion to learn, ability to multi task and willingness to work in situations that involve tight deadlines
- Be self-directed, go-getter willing to roll-up sleeves and make things happen; able to work autonomously as well as a geographically dispersed team
- Be comfortable to work in an unstructured environment and meritocratic culture
- Be Culture-focused, bringing enthusiasm and offering up new ideas
- Have excellent interpersonal/people skills; passion for collaboration and ability to build strong relationships; both with and outside LegalPay
- Possess superior report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Be highly organized, with a committed work ethic and strong attention to detail
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from tier-1 college or in the fifth year of college
- Internship experience working for a tier-1 law firm or corporate legal department
- Deep understanding of commercial laws and their implications
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office
Tenure and Pay
- Three-month internship with INR 8,000 per month stipend.