Unilever is looking for an Assistant Legal Manager to support the eCommerce, Institutional Business (IB), and Modern Trade (MT) teams in India.
Unilever is a British multinational consumer goods company headquartered in London, England. Unilever products include food, condiments, bottled water, baby food, soft drink, ice cream, instant coffee, cleaning agents, energy drink, toothpaste, pet food, pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare products, tea, breakfast cereals, beauty products, and personal care.
Unilever is the largest producer of soap in the world, and its products are available in around 190 countries.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The role would involve partnering with a dynamic business and giving advice to the teams on aspects like e-Commerce Regulations, Data Privacy, FDI Regulations, Legal Metrology and FSSAI Regulations, and other day-to-day business queries, relationships with customers, identifying the legal risks and helping their business to navigate those risks.
The role is based out of HUL Branch Office in Navi Mumbai and Kolkata Regional Office.
They offer a competitive salary as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within the company. If you are a highly motivated and qualified Technology Lawyer, you should apply for this exciting opportunity.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise the company on a wide range of legal issues related to technology and the internet, including intellectual property, data privacy, e-commerce, and online contract formation and enforcement.
- Draft, review, and negotiate bespoke and complex technology-related agreements, such as software licenses, service agreements, and technology procurement agreements with key Companies like Reliance, Amazon, Nykaa, etc.
- Provide guidance on data privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA, and assist in developing and implementing privacy policies and procedures.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, IT, marketing, and business development, to support the company’s strategic initiatives and advise on potential legal risks and liabilities.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in technology law and advise the company on the impact of new laws and regulations.
- Provide training and guidance to the company on legal compliance and risk management related to technology and the Internet.
- Leading the Brand Protection Agenda/IPR for MT and eCom. Working closely with external agencies and IT tools.
- Being a proactive business partner by keeping up with changes in Tech Laws, eCommerce Regulations & Policies, Competition law, Investigations/litigations filed against eCom players, Consumer Protection, Legal Metrology, etc.
- Supporting strategic projects on D2C models, alternate business models, Omni and ePharmacy models, and market development projects;
- Providing training to the business in relation to any of the above matters, including focus areas like Competition Laws, Privacy laws, eCom amendments, and impact on business.
- PQE of 4-7 years
- At least 2-3 years of experience practicing technology law in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Strong understanding of intellectual property law, data privacy law, and e-commerce law.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively advise and negotiate on behalf of the company.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with technology and the internet, as well as a passion for staying up-to-date on the latest developments in the field.
- Having a keen interest in end-to-end implications of various regulations and compliances.
- Confidence to lead meetings independently.
- Needed for Navi Mumbai & Kolkata
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.