ABOUT PRIYANKA CHAUDHARI & ASSOCIATES
At Priyanka Chaudhari & Associates (PCA), our motto is to have a “client first” approach and build a unique work arrangement through synergies built by marrying legal skill sets & business knowledge. We would be servicing our clients by playing a hybrid role of say “a law firm meets in-house counsel”, whereby our clients can consider & rely on us as their own in-house legal team.
ABOUT THE JOB
Priyanka Chaudhari & Associates (PCA) is inviting applications for post of Associate.
ELIGIBILITY AND EXPERIENCE
- Anybody with prior work experience (PQE) in the Indian Media and Entertainment industry who would be able to undertake the above job responsibilities can apply for this role. We would prefer someone with 2-3 years of work experience (PQE), but we respect and applaud merits so the number of years on paper may be lesser if your knowledge speaks for itself!
- You have a good understanding of Media & Entertainment Laws, Intellectual Property Laws, Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, Information Technology Act and Constitution of India.
- You have experience in the day to day working, commerce and business arrangements of the Indian film and media industry.
- Our team motto is “You do You” so you will have the freedom to work in the manner that you are comfortable with. All we ask is for you to be the most responsible, efficient and professional version of yourself during your work hours.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating various agreements, LOIs, term sheets etc. for co-production deals, license deals, production deals, talent engagement deals, rights assignment/license deals etc.
- Production clearance and legal review of scripts and content for titles created by our clients.
- Assist the team in drafting, reviewing and replying to legal notices and handling litigation matters.
- Undertake chain of title and rights due diligence work as and when required.
- Create, maintain and timely update trackers & innovative tools for the work done for various clients.
- Work with client’s teams for stamp duty calculations and payments, title clearances and registration.
- Research and knowledge sharing on new and interesting developments in the legal profession & Media and Entertainment industry.
Associate / Full time