Truecaller is hiring for the role of Legal Counsel to join its office in Bengaluru.
Truecaller is a smartphone application that has features of caller identification, call-blocking, flash-messaging, call-recording, Chat & Voice by using the Internet. It requires users to provide a standard cellular mobile number for registering with the service. The app is available for Android and iOS.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You will be handling Truecaller’s legal and compliance matters. OF THE BANGLORE POST Their legal team covers 100+ jurisdictions albeit the main focus for this role will be our business in India. You will work in close collaboration with many people in different parts of the world.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work closely with the Legal Team and internal stakeholders to provide legal advice and draft and negotiate commercial contracts and partnerships in multiple markets.
- Develop trusted relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders including Ads and Enterprise business units.
- Draft and negotiate software and advertising agreements.
- Ensure that legal entities are compliant with applicable laws and regulations including filings and liaison with regulators as necessary.
- Working with the rest of the Legal Team on data privacy matters and monitoring changes to the regulatory environment and implementing necessary actions internally.
- Updating policies based on legal requirements and changes in the product.
- In addition, there will be a myriad of other legal matters to be handled from time to time which makes working here even more challenging and fun as one day will never be the same as the next.
- 5+ years of experience in legal Counsel
- Law school degree from India with a minimum of 4 years relevant working experience as an in-house counsel and/or from reputable law firms
- Strong knowledge and skills in commercial contracts with an emphasis on IT-related matters
- Strong skills in analyzing and interpreting advanced contractual relationships and monitoring the regulatory environment in which we operate.
- A strong sense of personal integrity and good personal judgment
- Excellent organizational skills and time management.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.