Games24x7 was one of the first entrants in the gaming industry in 2006, when India started showing the first signs of promise for online gaming. We turned profitable by 2010 in just four years and grew 200x in the next decade. We are a technology powered analytics and data science company that happens to love games! In 2018-19, the mobile games market in India generated over $600 million in revenues. With close to  people in its Mumbai and Bangalore offices, Games24x7 is India’s largest mobile games business today and is very well positioned to become the 800-pound gorilla of what will be a $2 billion market by 2022. While Games24x7 continues to invest aggressively in its India centric mobile games, it is also diversifying its business by investing in international gaming and other tech opportunities.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The candidate must be able to take on the role of Legal Counsel who will principally assist the lead in-house M&A deal lawyer (AVP – M&A)
- Provide support for all aspects of M&A activity, including structuring, due diligence, documentation and closing.
- Assist in legal due diligence on target companies.
- Working on FEMA and securities laws aspects of M&A activity.
- Work with international law firms in cross border M&A activity.
- Engaging with other in-house departments including tax, finance and accounting, secretarial, HR, legal and IT.
- Work with AVP – M&A to assist the corporate development team with respect to developing and executing on integration plans for acquired businesses.
- Engaging with and reviewing the work of outside M&A counsels.
- Providing legal counsel (under guidance of AVP- M&A) on a diverse range of matters related to Corporate Development and the M&A activities of the Company.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should have mandatory corporate M&A experience of at least 2-4 years in a top tier law firm (corporate in-house/PE firm experience in special situation can be considered) covering the following range of activities:
- Conducted legal due diligence on the target companies/vendor due diligences representing the companies
- Advised and assisted in domestic as well as multi-national M&A transactions.
- Worked on transaction structuring; drafting, and vetting of transaction documents (term sheets, investment agreements, share subscription & shareholders agreements, closing related documents etc.).
- Assisted in closing and compliance activities as part of the M&A transaction.
- Worked on memos and opinions on FDI, ODI, share transfer issues involving nonresidents.
- LLB from reputed law college
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience with a reputed top tier law firm or as in-house M&A counsel in corporate entity/PE firm.
- Good drafting and communication skills
- Total PQE of 3-5 years.
- Candidate should be based in Mumbai
Apply using the LinkedIn Link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2633107798/