ABOUT THE DPIIT, MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) was established in the year 1995 and was reconstituted in the year 2000 with the merger of the Department of Industrial Development. Earlier, separate Ministries of Small Scale Industries & Agro and Rural Industries (SSI &ARI) and Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises (HI&PE) were created in October, 1999. The department was earlier called Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion; and was renamed as DPIIT in January, 2019.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry has introduced internship scheme for the students pursuing Under Graduate/Post Graduate degree or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad. The objective behind the internship scheme is to give exposure to the students to understand the working culture of Govt. of India and to apprehend the schemes being run by this Department.
The Internship Scheme will remain open throughout the year and applicants can choose a period of their choice ranging from one month / two months/ three months as per their requirements. The applications will be accepted through online mode only.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP
The period of the Internship shall be a minimum of one month and a maximum of three months. After completing the internship, students will be awarded an Experience Certificate. Those who will not complete the requisite period of internship will not be awarded any certificate.
NUMBER OF INTERNS REQUIRED
Not more than 20
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The objective of the internship scheme is to give exposure to the students to understand the working culture of the Government of India and to apprehend the schemes being run by this Department.
Applicants pursuing Graduation/Post Graduation/Research in the following domain are eligible to apply:
- Library Management
Note: Candidates from other domains can also be considered based on requirements on case to case basis.
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi 110011
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION DETAILS
Procedure for Selection and Other Modalities of the Scheme:
- All the applications received through online mode in the Department will be compiled in one place in the Establishment Division.
- Sections/divisions will send their requirement for “Interns” to Establishment Division with the approval of the concerned Bureau Head.
- On receipt of a request from a Division/Section for intern/s belonging to a particular discipline, the details of the available applications of that discipline will be provided to the concerned Division.
- The Bureau Head will select intern(s) based on their requirement and inform the same Estt. G Section. Thereafter, Estt. G Section will obtain approval from DS(Estt) and send the offer letter to selected Interns.
- Processing of payment towards the stipend amount will be initiated by Estt. G Section after completion of the internship period. A certificate on the effect that assigned work has been successfully completed by the intern is required to be submitted by the interns concerned. The said certificate will be issued by the section concerned in which interns worked.
- The concerned Divisional Head shall be responsible for ensuring that the work programme and output mutually agreed upon with the Intern is satisfactorily completed. Interns shall be required to submit a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the concerned Divisional Head about their learning experience.
- The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the concerned Division/Section.
- The conduct of the interns and their access to data shall be the sole responsibility of the concerned Divisional Head.