Kroll is inviting applications from interested candidates for a legal internship at their office in Mumbai.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kroll provides clients with a way to build, protect and maximize value through our differentiated financial and risk advisory and intelligence. Their transaction experience and expertise earn them global recognition as leaders in valuation, corporate finance and restructuring.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Kroll is looking for an Intern who will collaborate closely with our attorneys and internal firm services colleagues, business colleagues, and outside counsel, assisting with global corporate entity compliance including, management of documents, corporate filings, records and information associated with global corporate entity maintenance, ultimate beneficial owner disclosures and registers, and global corporate transactions.
You will perform assigned tasks with accountability, independence, judgment, and meticulousness. The role will focus primarily on global entity corporate governance and compliance.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the main custodian for corporate records and minute books, including annual entity management and ad-hoc requests (including but not limited to annual meetings, director and officer appointments & terminations, assignments or revocations of Powers of Attorney, and maintenance of ultimate beneficial owner registers).
- Work with outside vendors and internal firm service groups to assist with various corporate filings and license registrations and renewals.
- Assist with the preparation, review, execution and maintenance of documents associated with corporate transactions and the broader global Kroll corporate structure.
- Perform file management and maintenance of legal records
- Participate in due diligence processes for potential and existing clients. E-mail communication to stakeholders seeking additional information where required in response to routine queries.
- Overall management of all activities pertaining to secretarial and legal compliance.
- Assist with the formation of global legal entities and maintaining organizational documents.
- Monitor and review relevant regulations, advise on regulatory changes, and support statutory and regulatory compliance efforts and corporate transactions and board and committee processes.
- Respond to requests for information and work with outside auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Establish, develop and manage effective working relationships at all levels of the organization..
Manage and provide oversight and support in corporate records and data integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience in a business-related field. Previous international experience and experience with corporate subsidiary maintenance and governance are a plus.
- Ability to multitask, effectively prioritize and meet deadlines for simultaneous projects
- Demonstrate an ability to interpret and understand corporate legal documents
- Ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management
- Ability to operate autonomously to efficiently and independently problem solve, and be a strong team player when working with cross-functional teams
- Strong PC Skills, Microsoft Office application
- Familiarity with and understanding of corporate records, such as certificates of formation, operating agreements, minutes and resolutions.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Must be capable of operating in tandem with colleagues in a highly collaborative fashion and executing assigned tasks with precision, thoughtfulness and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply for the Internship at Kroll through the link provided below.