ABOUT BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION
The British High Commission in India maintains and develops relations between the UK and India.A British High Commission is a British diplomatic mission, equivalent to an embassy, found in countries that are members of the Commonwealth of Nations. Their general purpose is to provide diplomatic relationships as well as travel information, passports, dual-citizenship information, and other services between Commonwealth states.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
All applicants are required to mandatorily fill out the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience-based segment and the behaviours and technical/ professional skills-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
- Understand the importance of providing IP support for UK businesses trading, or wishing to trade in India
- Understand the cross-government work of the UK in delivering business support (FCDO / DIT / BEIS)
- Understand the work across government, industry and academia carried out by the IP attaché
- Prepare notes, minutes and documents in support of the above
- Be able to confidently explain the ambitions of the UK government, the IPO of the UK and the Trade Policy Team BHC Delhi
- Have a working knowledge of the UK trade teams based across India.
- The ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing is essential
If the job is suitable for flexible working patterns, please provide the details:
The IP Attache works flexibly, and the Intern would be guided by the attaché as to attendance at the High Commission.
Any other information (or specific local Post requirements):
Some travel in India may be necessary for support of the attache. The occasional overnight stay may also be required.
INR 30,444 per month.