ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Integral University is located in Lucknow, a city famous for its culture, manners, historical landmarks, and contribution to India’s freedom struggle. The University prides itself on its inclusive culture, diversity, personal and intellectual integrity, and value-based education. It is a prestigious university in the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, India, and was established by the State Government under Act Number 9 of 2004. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under sections 2(f) and 12B of the UGC Act, 1956, as well as by other regulatory bodies such as the Medical Council of India, Pharmacy Council of India, Indian Nursing Council, Council of Architecture, Bar Council of India, Indian Association of Physiotherapists, National Council for Teacher Education, and UP State Medical Faculty.
Integral University is accredited with A+ by NAAC and recognized as a Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
The University’s vision is to guide millions of people out of ignorance and illiteracy as a “Kindly Light” (Exodus 13:21) with the divine message, “Read: Thy Lord is the most bounteous (Quran 30:96:3).” Its mission is to integrate the enthusiasm, intellect, and dynamism of youth with decency, discipline, and dedication through value-based quality education.
Integral University’s objectives include harnessing technical education and technology to serve mankind, developing the human potential to its fullest, and promoting a sense of self- reliance and higher self-awareness in students. The University aims to ignite the potential of the younger generation through cutting- edge technology and innovative academic programs while fostering national integration, secularism, and international understanding. Ultimately, Integral University strives to empower the younger generation with global perspectives to bring peace, prosperity, and happiness to the world and India.
ABOUT THE FACULTY
“Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.”
Welcome to the Department of Law, Integral University, Lucknow. We believe in education’s transformative power to shape future legal professionals’ minds. The Faculty of Law provides Under Graduate Programs like B.A.LL.B, B.B.A.LL.B (Integrated 5 years) and LL.B (3 years). We provide post graduate courses like LLM (1 year) and (2 year) and Ph.D as well.
Our mission is to nurture and educate future legal minds, instilling in them knowledge, integrity, and dedication for the legal profession. We offer a career- driven education that prepares students to excel in the dynamic field of law.
Our vision is to impart India’s rich legal heritage and traditions within a globalized context, producing professionals committed to justice. We provide students with a well-rounded legal education, equipping them with the knowledge and skills required to excel in their legal careers.
Our esteemed faculty consists of diverse and experienced members specializing in various areas of law, including constitutional law, criminal law, international law, and more. They are actively engaged in research, contributing to legal scholarship, and enhancing the department’s academic excellence.
Our department has achieved accreditation from relevant legal authorities, ensuring our highest quality standards in legal education. Our faculty and students have made significant contributions to legal scholarship through research articles, books, and journals. Our alumni have secured prestigious positions and have made noteworthy contributions to the legal profession, reflecting the success of our educational programs.
We at the Department of Law, Integral University,are dedicated in shaping exceptional legal professionals who will make a positive impact in the society. Embrace the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to the world of law with us.
ABOUT LEGAL AID SOCIETY
The success of law schools and law colleges depends on their capacity to bring out the best in their students by fostering a mindset that will lead to lawyers who are intelligent, trustworthy, and dedicated to their profession. As a normative discipline that learns more
from social science, law eludes scientific objectivity and precision. In this situation, teaching proficiency is unavoidable.
Currently, getting into the bench and bar is not the only goal of legal education. There are more employment options now, but for them, a quality education is still necessary. Hence, at Faculty of Law we give young brains a high-quality, career-focused education.
The aspiring solicitors are warmly welcomed to this fantastic hub of excellence as their drive and focus would greatly enhance the department’s and the university’s overall skills, colour, and brightness. In response, the Faculty of Law delves deeply into the hearts of the aspiring law students, educating, moulding, and sculpting them into outstanding legal professionals.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY
- Access to justice to the disadvantaged and marginalized sections of the population. Spreading legal awareness and legal education in educational institutions and underprivileged communities.
- To organize, regulate periodically free legal aid clinic camps to redress the population and fulfill the true ideology of society.
- To create a re-assuring environment for non-public discourse, academic discussions of problem with our best efforts and with the highest intellect without any bias (personal or professional).
AIM OF THE SOCIETY
The Legal Aid Society performs alluded functions:
The Legal Aid Society is a student-led body of the Faculty of Law. It imparts legal aid and undertakes social awareness program under its parasol. The Society inducts students to use their knowledge of law to provide free legal aid to those who are most in need through various media.
ABOUT JUS CORPUS LAW JOURNAL
Jus Corpus Law Journal is a budding E-Journal in the field of Law and trying to make a mark in the field of publishing. Jus Corpus Law Journal (JCLJ) is a quarterly, Double-Blind Peer-Reviewed E-Journal (ISSN: 2582-7820) that is open to students, academicians, scholars, and professionals in the law profession and allied fields to publish and read the content which is published in the form of articles, blogs, case comments, research articles, etc.
JCLJ has published Manuscripts from 12 different countries. It is also featured in the Top 100 Legal Blogs in India by Feedspot. JCLJ is the India’s highest Indexed law Journal having indexings at SCC Online HeinOnline, Manupatra & J-Gate, etc. It is one of the very first Indian journals listed in HeinOnline & SCC Online without any Institutional affiliations.
Jus Corpus Law Journal is having a presence in different E-Libraries of the Universities. The Universities includes Stanford University, Harvard University, UNSW, Sydney and the University of Saskatchewan, Canada, etc.
JCLJ is referred by National Judicial Academy India. JCLJ is referred by the Superior Court of Arizona, USA. JCLJ is indexed at 37 Databases!
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Extempore Competition seeks to unravel the complexities surrounding fake news and misinformation, exploring their profound impact on the very fabric of democratic ideals. The theme of the competition is in correspondence with the United Nations Goals of Sustainable Development, Goal 4 which ensures inclusive and equitable quality education and promotes lifelong learning opportunities for all and Goal 16 that promotes peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
Objective of the Competition
- Raise awareness about the pervasive impact of fake news and misinformation on democratic processes, encouraging participants to delve into the complexities of this issue.
- Challenge participants to think critically and analytically about information sources, fostering a deeper understanding of how misinformation can erode the foundations of democratic discourse.
- Provide a forum for participants to hone their extemporaneous speaking skills, enabling them to articulate informed opinions and insights on the challenges posed by fake news within a democratic framework.
- Stimulate participants to conduct preliminary research and gather relevant information swiftly, fostering a culture of informed and fact-based communication.
- Create an inclusive space for participants to engage in open dialogue, sharing diverse perspectives on how the prevalence of misinformation can be addressed within the democratic context.
- Motivate participants to become advocates for media literacy and responsible information consumption, empowering them to contribute to the resilience of democratic discourse in the face of misinformation.
Insightful Discourse: Gain insights from articulate speakers as they navigate the nuances of misinformation, offering fresh perspectives and innovative solutions to combat the challenges it presents.
Networking Opportunities: Connect with individuals from various backgrounds who share a common passion for democratic values and the pursuit of truth. Expand your network and engage in meaningful conversations with like- minded participants.
Interactive Learning: Beyond a traditional competition, this event is a platform for interactive learning. Participants will leave with a deeper understanding of the complexities of misinformation and the tools to contribute meaningfully to the democratic dialogue.
- The Proliferation of Fake News in the Digital Age
- The Impact of Misinformation on Public Opinion
- Social Media as a Breeding Ground for Fake News
- Fake News and its Influence on Elections
- The Psychology of Believing in Fake News
Language of the Competition:
The official and only language of the competition shall be English.
Students enrolled in any undergraduate or postgraduate Course from a recognized University, Research Scholars and Academicians can participate in the 3rd National Extempore competition.
Mode of the Competition:
- Online (preferably Google Meet)
- Dress Code for the Competition:
- The Dress Code of the Competition is Restricted to Formals only.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- It will be an open competition for all students of any recognized university/college/institution in India.
- It will be on online platform, preferably Google Meet.
- Organizers will provide the topic 7 minutes prior to the competition on whatsapp group
- Each contestant will be given 2-4 min for presenting their view on the topic
- Two bells will be ringing indicating the time of speaking, one at 2min and second at 4min.
- Exceeding the time limit will result in negative marking.
- Contestants must open their video while speaking.
Marking criteria includes:
- Clarity of thoughts
- Speaking skills
- Knowledge of facts and
- Way of presentation
- The decision of the panel of judges and the organizing committee regarding evaluation will be final and binding.
- Decency must be maintained and no unethical conduct will be tolerated.
- Suggestive topics are only for reference,and the topics can be random.
- List of topics will be provided 10 mins prior the competition, however keeping the nature of extempore in mind, topics given to each individual will be random.
Registration Fee: Rs.200
Registration Link: https://urlxz.com/m9ktyt
Registration Starts : 20th November 2023
Registration Ends : 30th November 2023
Bank Name: Union Bank of India Account No: 215410100071713 IFSC Code: UBIN0821543
Google Pay No.: 7755008182
Note: Screenshot of the payment is mandatory to attach in the google form for successful registration.
- Winner: Certificate and Trophy.
- First Runner Up: Certificate and Trophy.
- Second Runner Up: Certificate and Trophy.
- All the participants will get E-Certificate of Appreciation.
- Note: Appreciation Certificate will not be provided in physical mode.
BOARD OF ADVISRS
PROF. (DR.) NASEEM AHMAD (Dean, Faculty of Law, Integral University)
SEEMA SIDDIQUI (Head of department, Faculty of Law, Integral University)
ASHRAF AZMI (Faculty Coordinator, LAS Faculty of Law, Integral University)
STUDENT ORGANISING COMMITTEE
ANANYA MISHRA (Student Convener, LAS BBA. LL.B. – V Year)
MUSTAFA FAROOQUI (Student Convener, LAS BBA. LL.B. – III Year)
MOHD. SALMAN (Student Member, LAS BA. LL.B. – IV Year)
ANAND MISHRA (Student Member, LAS BA. LL.B – III Year)
HIRA ZAFAR (STUDENT MEMBER, LAS BA LL.B – III Year)
SHUBHANSH SRIVASTAVA (Student Member, LAS BBA. LL.B. – IV Year)
GHUNCHA NAQVI (Student Member, LAS BBA. LL.B – III Year)
BUSHRA SIDDIQUI (STUDENT MEMBER, LAS BBA. LL.B – II Year)
MRIDUL MISHRA (STUDENT MEMBER, LAS BBA. LL.B – II Year)
FOR ANY QUERIES CONTACT
Ananya Mishra (Student Convenor) +91 9793721991
Mustafa Farooqui (Student Convenor) +91 7755008182
WRITE TO US AT